Formal Recruitment Coronavirus Updates
The Interfraternity Council is closely monitoring the situation with COVID-19 and is working with Fraternity & Sorority Life to prepare for a Formal Recruitment process that is inline with State, Local and Univeristy guidelines. The health and safety of our prospective members and chapter members is at the forefront of the Interfraternity Council’s mission. Check back here for the most up to date and accurate information for how IFC plans to adapt to the current situation.
6 Precautions We Are Taking…
- All participants will be required to wear face coverings during all recruitment events
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at all in-person recruitment events including at the door of each chapter facility
- Each Potential New Member will be provided personal sized hand sanitizer in their recruitment kit
- IFC will implement an adaptable recruitment schedule that complies with University Guidelines allowing for smaller sizes and maximum social distancing
- While IFC is planning for as much of recruitment to be in-person, some events such as PNM Education and Round 1 & 2 will be offered virtually
- Additional virtual options will be available for those who require accommodations
The planning for recruitment is fluid based on the guidance and situation with COVID-19. As a result, the recruitment logistics and schedule are subject to change. Potential New Members are encouraged to regularly check their Ole Miss email address for direct communication from IFC and the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life regarding Formal Recruitment.
For more information about how Fraternity & Sorority Life and COVID-19 check here.